Archive for category Social Networking
I’ve been following some interesting people on twitter, some individuals, some organisations and recently a lot of engaged active Ghanaians. It has been informative and fun on twitter and I’m enjoying every bit of it.
What I have realised is that depending on who or what you are, you approach twitter differently. Everyone on twitter has something written or unwritten that shapes their ‘behaviour’ – tweets on this ever popular social networking platform.
I will want to categorize users into 3 groups (4 if you want to count spammers or irregular users):
1. Individuals (with personal values)
– These category of twitter users have a personal identity that often translates into the people they follow.
– They often tweet/ retweet about their hobbies and typically follow a lot of personal friends, Category 2 and 3 people
– They also make new friends and [even] keep (thread) conversations going on twitter
A maxim for this group: If you want to know a person, check the people she is following on twitter
2. Public Organisations, News Agencies and Customer Service departments [of companies]
– These category of twitter users represent a VERIFIABLE company, agency or department
– They often tweet NEW INFORMATION with (tiny)URL directing to their (corporate or news) website
– They usually follow very few people (often limited to similar institutions) but have a large following depending on whether they cover a country, locality or international
– They only respond to tweets according to laid down internal communication procedures
– They are often retweeted among Category 1 people
– These category of twitter users can range from highly engaged or passively giving information to their followers
– They often tweet (tiny)URLs to sites that publish stories about them, post pictures or information about their upcoming events
– They have a huge following and often follow other celebrities and retweet other celebrities
– They are often retweeted among Category 1 people and get support or hate messages
4. Spammers or Irregular users
– They often follow too many people on twitter and have very few tweets
…………………………………End of Part 1………………………………..
Solely written with Open Source software
Operating System – Ubuntu 10.10
KDE Blogging Client – Blogilo
What struck me as interesting was the number of people who had joined the group, the suggestions posted and what the group was evolving into.
With 2,233 Ghanaian facebookers having joined the group so far, I guess it can only get bigger and the comments will only get more interesting.
Using social networking as a Customer (Pressure) Group. SMART & Web 2.0-ish!
I hope these 2 companies and other such companies with huge customer base have social networking policies that are sensitive to what ‘friends’ discuss on facebook and twitter [in a seemingly light environment].
Below are a few comment copied verbatim from the I hate ECG but MTN dey bore pass Facebook Group.
THE FUNNY COMMENTS (everything below falls in the funny category as well)
– Like this if you agree the ‘Most Terrible Network should have been used as a chopbar >ll (MTN ASANKA) ll< Lool
– Sumtimes MTN do è whole GH juju.
– My question is why is it soooooooo difficult to just ‘forget’ and mix their SIM with tomatoes and put them in a blender?
THE JUST-A-LITTLE-WEIRD ONES
– Dem give lyt off 4 ma hood wey BOIZ say dem dey go trash ECG 4dema office der. We catch der, AAAIII!!! ECG saf no get lyt lol #iSHOCK sef…[I don’t condone vandalism]
– “MTN ll collapse when Glo comes thats why they sabotaging them. For ECG, we ve got no option, so lets keep quiet and suffer.” [Note the quotation marks]
– If u got problems wif MTN jst hit me up i will show u guys sum trick….easy [a hacker or a trickster?]
THE DISS + VENTING FRUSTRATION COMMENTS
-MTN NKWASIAFO).THEY WILL GV U 99 DEN U GO CALL,2MINZ P3 DEN GO TEL U U V 1MINUTE REMAINING.NONSENSE
– I just dont get the reson why plp ar stil usin MTN aaaaba…. [research shows that if 8 ‘important’ people in your life change their network, you might]
– ECG=Electricity Comes & Goes…………………….MTN=More Trouble Network
– MTN; “most troublesome network” or “ma t) nonsense” dem dew bore lyk s**t. 4 ECG F×@K dem.
– The Enemies of Comfortable Ghana saff dey bore, dem dey do lyt awt 5 tymz evridae 4 my hood (ECG)
THOSE THAT TAKE A SWIPE AT EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE
– any tin for GH here dat hav G in it is a disaster, see GCB,GNPC,GBC,GPRTU,GTV,ECG mention de rest, & as for MTN God go purnish them.
– GCB. Ghana Concert Bank ADB.Agric destruction Bank.they only give loan to imported rice and cooking oil.
– JAK U R ABSOLUTELY RYT.GHANA CONFUSION BANK,D BANK WIT A NTWK HEADACHE…
THOSE THAT SUGGEST SOLUTIONS / HOPE FOR ALTERNATIVES
– even George Andah saf lef MTN 4 Zain, wat r u w8ng 4? Mawuma Trebor z abt 2 follow suit. Switch 2 Zain 4 jux a wk n u’ll see de difference.
– Lets create our own Electricity company..wat do u say? Lool yh i agree..we’ll use pure water to generate
– i cant wait 4 NCA to intro dat so kold numbr wat wat wat wher u can switch btwn netwrks anitym widout changin ur lyn or chip. glo too 4 hurry up oo… ah!
– The thought of the their slogan’everywhere u go’ even irritates me more,jux cnt wait 4 Glo.
THE MTN SPECIALS
– MTN DEM B D BADDEST OF ALL.USIN 99% AS A WALLPAPER,D GRETEST OF ALL OFFENCE WICH CAN ATTRACT A 99 YEAR INCACERATION
– wat bank do u thnk Mtn wuld b if it was one? 2 me it’s Ghana Comm. Bank a.k.a ”We Serve U Bitters” or beta still “We Swerve U Better”.
– Mtn al queeda mpo y3. (Even Al Queeda is better than MTN)
– mtn has de fastest, best & cheapest browsing service in Gh [not all gloomy]
THE ECG SPECIALS
– ooECG u cnt even buy battery 4 u car…an ECG pickup is nt startn coz ov wik battery…so du u tink ECG will buy any new equipent 2 nhanz elek3cty sply or all ways tak pawa unanawzd.
– [ECG]Dem dey control our lyt like ibe traffic lyt.
I think it is apt to end with another comment
HAHAHAHAH PURE GENIUS TO THE PERSON WHO CREATED THIS FORUM…………….ECG DEY BORE BUT MTN DEY BORE TOO MUCH…………
Social Networking does pack a punch (only if these companies will ever use them well, they will get closer to their clients and know what is going to hit them next).
You are currently browsing the archives for the Social Networking category.
What’s Hot?37 station Abeka-Lapaz accidents Accra Africa Amazon Kindle Audio and Video Clips blogging bus buses bus stop canon charley conductor Cuba David Oscar Densu river E-book e-books e-ink e-reader fares Ghana Ghanaian GMAT gold gold dust good manners Health Humor IPhone Joke Kaneshie Kindle Kindle 3 Kwame Nkrumah Lagos Laugh a Minute laughter legon masochism massa mate Mensah Sarbah hall mob-justice MTN music Online Communities Parental Guidance passenger personal safety picture PMMC precious minerals public transport Radio scam Social network social networking songs station stream Studio audience taxi Television Tigo tourism troski trotro twitter university of Ghana view Vodafone Weija Zain